Call for papers – The Ethics of Migration
- 0 Comments
Call for papers – Deadline: 1 October 2017
The Ethics of Migration beyond the Immigrant-Host State Nexus
The Department of Ethics, Law and Politics at MPI-MMG and the Migration Policy Centre (MPC) at the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies (RSCAS), European University Institute (EUI) are delighted to invite submissions for the ‘’Ethics of Migration beyond the Immigrant –Host State Nexus’’ conference which is to be held on 11-12 January 2018, European University Institute, Florence, Italy. This conference provides a forum to explore the following and related normative questions:
- Responsibility-sharing in refugee protection
- The right to control emigration
- Responsibilities towards expatriate citizens
- The ethics of diaspora politics
- The role of subnational governments and supranational institutions in migration regimes
- The role of non-state actors in migration management
- The ethics of resisting migration controls
- Migration and interpersonal morality
Contributions are welcome from, among others, the fields of political theory, moral philosophy, social science and law. Applicants must submit the title and brief abstract (300 words) proposal paper to firstname.lastname@example.org together with name and affiliation by 1 October 2017.
Murmuration refers to the phenomenon that results when hundreds, sometimes thousands, of birds fly in swooping, intricately coordinated patterns through the sky.
Murmuration looks also back on the migration movements of the 20th century in the interplay of international relations.