Call for papers – The Ethics of Migration
- 0 Comments
Call for papers – Deadline: 1 October 2017
The Ethics of Migration beyond the Immigrant-Host State Nexus
The Department of Ethics, Law and Politics at MPI-MMG and the Migration Policy Centre (MPC) at the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies (RSCAS), European University Institute (EUI) are delighted to invite submissions for the ‘’Ethics of Migration beyond the Immigrant –Host State Nexus’’ conference which is to be held on 11-12 January 2018, European University Institute, Florence, Italy. This conference provides a forum to explore the following and related normative questions:
- Responsibility-sharing in refugee protection
- The right to control emigration
- Responsibilities towards expatriate citizens
- The ethics of diaspora politics
- The role of subnational governments and supranational institutions in migration regimes
- The role of non-state actors in migration management
- The ethics of resisting migration controls
- Migration and interpersonal morality
Contributions are welcome from, among others, the fields of political theory, moral philosophy, social science and law. Applicants must submit the title and brief abstract (300 words) proposal paper to email@example.com together with name and affiliation by 1 October 2017.
The title, Palimpsest, originally denotes a piece of writing material on which the original writing has been erased to make room for later writing.
However, traces of the overwritten texts remain.
This paleographic phenomenon will inspire the artists of the Mahalla Festival 2022. They will be concerned with the use of resources in a
comprehensive way: in terms of ecological, economic, political, social and communal memory culture.