Call for papers – The Ethics of Migration
- 0 Comments
Call for papers – Deadline: 1 October 2017
The Ethics of Migration beyond the Immigrant-Host State Nexus
The Department of Ethics, Law and Politics at MPI-MMG and the Migration Policy Centre (MPC) at the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies (RSCAS), European University Institute (EUI) are delighted to invite submissions for the ‘’Ethics of Migration beyond the Immigrant –Host State Nexus’’ conference which is to be held on 11-12 January 2018, European University Institute, Florence, Italy. This conference provides a forum to explore the following and related normative questions:
- Responsibility-sharing in refugee protection
- The right to control emigration
- Responsibilities towards expatriate citizens
- The ethics of diaspora politics
- The role of subnational governments and supranational institutions in migration regimes
- The role of non-state actors in migration management
- The ethics of resisting migration controls
- Migration and interpersonal morality
Contributions are welcome from, among others, the fields of political theory, moral philosophy, social science and law. Applicants must submit the title and brief abstract (300 words) proposal paper to firstname.lastname@example.org together with name and affiliation by 1 October 2017.
The Wandering Tower is the title of a surrealist short story by Sergej Prokofiev from the times of vivid migration movements on the edge of the world wars.
The Festival was quoting the title as a metaphorical frame for Mahalla 2020/2021. The tower of Babel is connected as a motive to the search for the origin of language and the access to the divine.